Re: RC: dogfighting on MTV

This would disturb me too... I do want to point out that our practice
sees a lot of pitbulls, and so far, without exception, they have been
loving, kind animals to deal with. I think it's when the people who own
them are treating them as second class dogs to be used for fighting that
they turn into bad dogs. It's too bad. Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I
know they were originally bred to fight, but I don't think it's inherent
in the dog.  To portray it as such a bad animal is to add spark to a
smoldering pile of wood... it's needless and it doesn't help the public's
perception of this type of dog, nor the care received by this dog. This
type of video should be actively discouraged or banned, but we have free
speech and expression in this country.
Gwen Dluehosh DVM
Remington, VA

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:24:10 -0600 Karla Koch Dick <karlak@mail.tca.net>
writes:
> I'm not generally into forwarding things, but this bothered me more
> than
> is called> > > > "What's My Name" and the artist is rapper DMX.
Throughout the
> video you> > > see> > > > two pitbulls who are faced off, snarling,
snapping and looking > to kill> > > each> > > > other.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.