Please explain NH to me.

> But we weren't discussing those : we were discussing spookiness, and how it
> can be cured through bonding in a round pen.  I said that it could be cured
> via other methods and, well, it all went downhill from there, really.

Basically we have gotten off track by comparing the ins and outs
and effectiveness and necessity of round penning, different
individuals and techniques.

All of these things have little bearing on what I said.

I said that the procedure that has come to be called the bonder
around the world, performed in the round pen (or for those who
have no RP, in a small enough enclosure to facilitate control)
dramatically lessens if not eliminates spooking.  It does that
through the mimicing of herd dynamics that horses use to produce
socialization in the herd.

As to exactly how it does that I have made it available for free
to anyone by sending any email to Bonder@MarvWalker.com .  Hopefully
I have made it as complete and plain as possible.  For those who
feel they need more information or want to understand it better one
can wander through my website http://MarvWalker.com .

It certainly is NOT the only way to deal with spooking.  It is
the way that I have found to work faster, easier and with less
hassle and more consistently than all the others.  Not only does
it work with spooking, it works with all other fear and respect
issues.

It works so well that I would accept the following challenge in
a split second...

Gather a large number of spooky horses (no matter how spooky), as
many different spook objects as you want and a crowd of unbiased
spectators in one place.  I will use any chosen object to spook
the horse to demonstrate spookiness.  I will work each horse for
30 minutes at liberty in a round pen.  At the end of the 30 minutes
I will use any of the objects, the same or something new, no matter,
in any non-injurious way anyone wants.

At that point have the spectators vote whether or not there has
been a **DRAMATIC** positive change in the horse's acceptance level.
Pay me $50 for every horse that makes the vote.  I'll pay $300 for
every horse that doesn't make the vote.

*AND* I will prominently put the results of the challenge on EVERY
page of my web site running close to a quarter-million hits a year.

I stand ready, anywhere in North America, to accept ANY equal-risk
challenge to put up or shut up any of the concepts *I* use.

I am unable to explain NH to anyone mostly because that is a catch-all
title for a wide range of practices.  Even the "devotees" of it often
are unable to answer it.  It took me over a half-century to become a
natural horseman.

Have a good horse day.

Marv "Make the check out to..." Walker
--