Re: Spooking / round pen work

Hi, San,

You said:

>but just exactly what some people need....they have to start
somewhere..maybe some of them NEVER want to get out on the trail...who
knows.>

I'm not arguing that point with you.  What I'm saying is that you can't
build riding confidence in a round pen : you build riding confidence by
RIDING.

>Just because it's not my or your cup of tea, doesn't mean it doesn't have
enormous value for certain people and their horses.>

I still question what value it has, and say that, from where I'm sitting,
that value is limited.

>And like I've said before, I've picked little tid-bits here and there out
of all these different "natural horsemanship techniques" and they have been
absolutely invaluable to me and my horses...>

Nothing wrong with learning from everywhere and everyone.  I'm just a little
skeptical of people who stand inside a man-made round pen, with a man-tamed
horse, waving a man-made rope, and taking man's money, talking about
"natural" horsemanship.  There's nothing natural about it, and as soon as
they acknowledge that, the sooner I'll become less cynical.

Tracey