Re: wet weather riding

>And add polar fleece tights to the combo.  They are warm, not bulky,
>stretchy, and wick water away from your skin.  I have ridden in them when
>caught in a sudden rain when it was about 50 degrees out.  Got soaked to the
>skin, but was NOT cold.  I love my polar fleece!  Get the kind that have
>four-way stretch.  jeri

Now that we're on the subject of "wet weather clothing", could those of you
with kids riding please send me info on what works best them for wet and
cold weather riding?  One of my young students (age 11) is going to be
joining us on some of our training rides this winter in anticipation of
possibly competing next year.  I need suggestions as to where to order
stuff and what are the economical purchases (what might last or adapt thru
a growing phase and not give the non-horsey parents a stroke when they see
the price)...warm breeches, boots, waterproof gloves, rain jackets, and so
on.  And what works best for a stockier built girl?

Thanks.

Sue
-------
Sue Brown