RE: over-riders and pulls

<<<BTW, I see more people lately pulling BEFORE a vet check (not checking
in)
..hmmm..could it be they want to be LISTED as RO????
Ya'll, listing riders names  is still a VERY bad idea.  Yeah, you tell me it
is to "better prepare for that ride next year"...sorry..let's be honest...it
is to AVOID that ride next year.
Oh, and reason #2, to "educate those riders"..GIVE ME A BREAK.  Say what it
really is...to BADMOUTH those riders.
And the stats?  What a joke.  A dead lame horse pulls and doesn't go to the
vet so he can get a RO.  A high pulse just doesn't check in with the
vet..the rider comes up and says "I'm tired" to get a RO.  IT IS HAPPENING!
List numbers, not names, if you want some reasonable stats.
Fire away... I'm sure disappointed at the director nominees who cannot see
through this agenda.
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
Oklahoma>>>>

OK Louise: I am willing to put my candidacy on line and my reasons for not
agreeing with you. But first I have not seen any rational reason not to list
the pulls at a ride. I have seen a few good reasons for listing the pulls at
a ride though. But let's take your reasoning item by item. I am not afraid
to put my concepts on line.

<<<I see more people lately pulling BEFORE a vet check (not checking in)
..hmmm..could it be they want to be LISTED as RO????>>>

I would refer you to the AERC Rules and Regulations. Rule 2.1.4 Each equine
will receive a substantive physical examination of metabolic and mechanical
parameters before the ride, at control points with in the ride and after the
ride.

Now, if these riders are by-passing the post ride examination they are not
in conformance with the AERC Rules and the Ride Manager and the Vets are not
doing their proper job. All rides I have ever been to tell the riders to see
the vet an hour after completing or pulling to ensure the welfare of the
horse. Lax management is no excuse if a horse gets into serious trouble.

<<<Oh, and reason #2, to "educate those riders"..GIVE ME A BREAK.  Say what
it
really is...to BADMOUTH those riders.>>>

Who is BADMOUTHing any riders? Today I have seen at least three dozen
E-mails on line supporting the listing of pulls and only yours against it. I
have never heard of any bad mouthing of persons pulling or being pulled. Can
you document any of this? If you can I will state that with out a doubt, and
public ally, those doing the bad mouthing are very poor sports and not
worthy of being listened to..

Finally, <<<I'm sure disappointed at the director nominees who cannot see
through this agenda.>>>

How many nominees have you heard from. I bet that most of them have not said
much. There are a couple of us not afraid to speak out as to what we hear
from the members.

Bob Morris
AERC #868
Here is the delimma.  We want the vets to pull horses that "we" as
spectators want to see stopped.  At the same time we want "the rider has
ultimate responsibility for the horse".
I have been a RM for 14 years..this delimma seemed especially bad this year.
The answer?  If the horse is "fit to continue" under our AERC guidelines,
then the vet can reccommend the rider slow down...quit, etc...but in the end
it is THE RIDER'S RESPONSIBILITY...so we can only hope and educate...
I know of a horse who was literally dragged on foot across the finish
line...it was so tired.  .sure makes me furious...but as a RM I can do
nothing, but try to educate or hope they quit endurance.

BTW, I see more people lately pulling BEFORE a vet check (not checking in)
..hmmm..could it be they want to be LISTED as RO????
Ya'll, listing riders names  is still a VERY bad idea.  Yeah, you tell me it
is to "better prepare for that ride next year"...sorry..let's be honest...it
is to AVOID that ride next year.
Oh, and reason #2, to "educate those riders"..GIVE ME A BREAK.  Say what it
really is...to BADMOUTH those riders.
And the stats?  What a joke.  A dead lame horse pulls and doesn't go to the
vet so he can get a RO.  A high pulse just doesn't check in with the
vet..the rider comes up and says "I'm tired" to get a RO.  IT IS HAPPENING!
List numbers, not names, if you want some reasonable stats.
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms