Electode patch problem

I ahve discovered that my gelding appears to be allergic to the rubber patch
attached to the electrode on the heart rate monitor.  Any of you ridecampers
had this problem, and what did you do about it?  Its certianly just him, and
not something on the patch, because (in true double blind fashion) my other
gelding doesn't have any problem with it.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA.
Paula and the Roc and of course, Cosmo