Re: Elderly Horses and Distance

Go for it.  Just be sure to go gradually at a calm cool rate that goes good
for that horse.

Don't expect more than she can give, listen to her she will tell you where
and what she is capable of and interested in doing at 18.

Racing is a natural for horses, so if she and you are having a fun time,
enjoy yourselves.

Just be sure to back off anytime things  get iffy, take your time, she needs
to build up gradually just like a young horse.

I've had this experiance and been extreemely successful, my horse (started
at 17) has over a 1,000 miles now and done has several multidays.  She's a
trooper!

Joan Ruprecht (with 12,000 plus miles)

Subject: RC: Elderly Horses and Distance