Re: RC: Re: Rigid versus flexible saddles

then why can't you just dispence with
the tree?

I've wondered the same thing. The Ansur saddles appear to have no tree at all
but not a way to spread out the weight. Kind of a heavy duty bareback pad
like sportsaddles. Why not use one of the panels like orthoflex that has
different firmness in different spots and use it to disperse the weight from
the stirrup bars and the seat bones? Looking at whats available now, if $ was
no object I would go with a sportsaddle or ansur. I'm a featherweight so
weight distribution is not as much of an issue as it would be for my
heavyweight husband.  It would be interesting to use one of the computer
saddle pads that measures pressure and see just how good all these saddles
are at eliminating pressure points with different weight riders.

                                      Shelly