Re: RC: Re: Helmets

> Lexington makes a model, not sure what it is called, but it has gussets on
> the sides, so when you put it on your head and latch the cord under your
> chin, it tightens to fit your head shape.  I have one, and it's lighter than
> my Troxel Legacy and it's cool and comfortable.  It's their helmet that is
> approved for equestrians and bicyclists.
>
> m (Colorado)

You are referring go the Lidlocker.  It is NOT approved for cyclists...

I just came back from France (where I sent my store) and COULD NOT bring
ANY USA made helmets.  They do NOT meet European standards and I found
out why.

The holes in the helmet which allow for ventilation are big enough for
something (like a branch) to get into and puncture your head.  I saw
many European helmets, ALL of which have a HEAVY mesh in the vents to
prevent this from happening.

Food for thought..........(I've been "impaled" myself!!)

--
Teddy Lancaster (gone to Biltmore Ride on Sept. 27, then Liberty Run,
returning Oct. 9)

American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422
- Member since 1974
6000+ career miles

NOT to FINISH is to LOSE - motto of the WEC-France-2000

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our 20th
Anniversary!!!!
Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/