Re: Rigid versus flexible saddles was Re: No More Poor Saddle Fit!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Agneta Pallinder" <apallinder@gn.apc.org>
this is me writing as one half of the partnership
> behind Free'n'Easy saddles. You said you had looked at a website "that was
> posted within the last week that featured a saddle with very flexible
> panels.........but a rigid tree that attatched at four points,  and I
still
> can't really believe you can put a rigid tree on a moving horse and have
it
> fit......" - I think this must have been ours, so here's a clarification:
>
> On our saddle the attachments between the tree and the panels at the back
> are themselves mobile, i.e. the fixing is a ball joint type so the panel
can
> swivel with the movement of the horse's loins.
>
> Please email me directly if you would like more info/explanations.

Thanks Angela,

Here is my question-even if there is a swivel attatchment for the panel,
when you stand in the stirrups or put pressure on the tree, isn't it still
going to bear down harder in these areas?

Seems no matter how much the panels bend or flex, the solid tree and it's
attatchments will be the limiting factor; as i mentioned before, I was not
aware of how much the back curved and flexed until I watched a horse running
free.......

Karen