Saddle Panels

Lynda Townsend townsend.buggies.sleighs@qc.aibn
I have two orthoflex saddles, one is the new one with the
flexable moving panel, the other is an endurance cut back that
I have owned for several (10) years.  Long before Ortho changed
there saddles, I cut my panels down and made them smaller, and
the other thing that I did was, I cut a hard rubber ball about
11/2 to 2 inches in half, and I placed it under the panel, between
panel and saddle and then screwed the panels back on.  This allowed
my panels to flow with the movement of the horse.  I also added
1/2 closed cell rubber to the panels, because I felt that they did
not have enough padding.
I own about 30 arabians, I buy and sell alittle, ride alot,
and it is rare (now that I have the impression pad) to have a
horse that I can not fit my saddle to.
It drives my husband crazy, when I buy a saddle, and the first thing
I want to do is tear it apart to see how it is made, and what the
problems with it are.
We know so much more about saddle fit today, that one day there
will be a perfect saddle, but for now, the impression pad will let you
know where your problems are.
Lots of saddles when you put them on, look like they fit, but they
 don't.
I also liked the treeless saddle, but for a wide horse, it darn near
split me in too, and I found that if you didn't have a good pad
that distributed the weight, that you could run into problems too.
Like I said, until they come up with the perfect saddle, I will
be using my Impression Pad, and I know that my saddle fits.
Lynda Townsend