From: Truman Prevatt, PhD [mailto:truman.prevatt@netsrq.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2000 5:32 PM
To: Lif Strand
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Desperado V

I rode with a very nice woman from Indiana at the second day of the BSF.
She
seemed to know her Arabians and made a very interesting comment about
the"park"
breeding. Her comment went something like the high action (like the big
lick in
the walking horse show ring ) was made by tricks and shoeing. What they
needed to
make it ( again like the walking horse show horse) was a big motor to
drive.
Seems to me that drive is the key to the endurance horse.

So if the high action was natural that might be bad but if the high
action came
from heavy toe weigh shoes and other training tricks (training with
chains, etc.)
it might not be so bad.

Any thoughts.

Truman