Re: Re: Spooking and other problems you have asked me about....

 Tracey wrote:
----- .

> I'd also like to add that one of the aspects of Natual Horsemanship
> techniques which has disappointed me over the years (and I'm hoping that
you
> can help restore my faith here :-)) is that too much emphasis is placed on
> round pen work, on "bonding" or "join-up" or whatever you want to call it.
> I have yet to see a proponent of NH claim that even more can be achieved
out
> there, on the trail.

Tracey....You need to look deeper into some of the Natural Horsemanship
techniques...John Lyons encourages you to get on on the trail as soon as
possible...A huge percentage of what he does is out on the trail--Ray Hunt,
of course, sends you and your horse out of the arena almost
immediately...Some people need that time in the round corral/arena in order
to build THEIR confidence...seems to me a large amount of what Parrelli does
is aimed at building the humans' confidence...hours and hours of asking the
horse to do different things helps the person to figure out how a horse
reacts to various stimuli...there are allot of people out there who have an
extremely difficult time interacting with horses because of a deep seated
fear...the success of the natural horsemanship techniques has as much to do
with gaining the owners confidence as it does the horses'.