Ridecamp philosophy

 Hi group - winter is approaching and I would like to send a reminder
to the list subscribers about the goal and purpose of Ridecamp:
To discuss topics related to Endurance riding. The number of 'me too'
posts, and totally unrelated posts (cats??) has gotten a bit high.
Please, help keep Ridecamp focused - you can always respond privately
to individuals, or look for other lists if you just want to chat.

thanks!

Steph

and don't forget  -

		Ridecamp Oath
                        by Angie McGhee

                     I promise not to sound far more intelligent in print
than I
                     am in person, thus leading people to think my advice is
                     worth far more than it is.

                     I promise to address the original question posted, not
turn
                     it around to fit some campaign I'm on.

                     I promise to delete "Ridecamp" from the address box
when
                     I post, "me too" to the sender.

                     I promise to avoid bringing up "too hot to hold" topics
like,
                     "Is 25 miles endurance?" "Should AERC charge families
                     more?" and "Are weight divisions fair?" Under penalty
of
                     death.

                     I promise to make a permanent copy of Susan E.
                     Garlinghouse's recommendations on feeding beet pulp and
                     save that woman's fingers from typing it all out for
every
                     individual member on the list.

                     I promise not to add everyone else to my dirty joke
list.

                     I promise not to talk condescendingly to another
                     ridecamper as if I am the authority on all matters,
since
                     obviously the "authorities on all matters" prefer to
lurk,
                     and by posting in the first place I am admitting my
                     ignorance.

                     I promise that if Julie Suhr ever "de-lurks" I will
admit
                     that "The Master Has Spoken" and she is the final
                     authority.

                     If a new subscriber asks a question which has been
                     re-hashed 100 times, someone experienced post to
                     ridecamp: "I'll take this one" and answer them.

                     If someone asks if a particular saddle, breed, body
type,
                     etc. is appropriate, I will not tell them,"Yes! That's
what I
                     use" and then forget to tell them I've just joined this
list
                     and never really ridden farther than 10 miles.

                     I will be free with my praise. I will send a "good one"
note
                     to those who deserve it.

                     I promise to always question all authority...and
advice. I
                     will think for myself.

                     I will share knowledge.

                     I will not attack others who share knowledge which I
                     consider "misinformation" I will simply inform them of
my
                     personal experiences in the matter.

                     I will ride my horse often to keep my panties from
                     becoming wadded.

                     If Steph requests that we not discuss a matter, I will
not
                     simply post why I believe it IS appropriate, and
continue
                     to discuss it. I will be a good guest at STEPH'S site
and
                     honor her request.

                     I will not comment on the running of AERC unless I am
an
                     AERC member.

                     I will not leave an entire previous post on my "reply"
                     simply to reply to one line. I will delete all but the
                     pertinent material.

                     When and if I am ready to un-subscribe, I will NOT send
                     note to ridecamp trying to do it. I will READ the
                     directions.