Re: Something wonderful for a change

Congrat's on her recovery!!!! I know what it is like to love an equine that
much.

My 32 year old ++// show gelding is our baby. He was our first Arabian (in
1971). He was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. He is hard of
hearing and a little blind, and he moves like John Wayne.

He had a stroke of sorts in May and I thought I was going to die. We gave
him a DMSO IV and now he walks a little sideways and has to lean to eat. His
coat is shinny and he eats and drinks great.

I measure his water three times a day to check and see how much he has
drank, and he eats three meals a day. He is having trouble with the hay so I
sit down in front of the T.V. with a pair of scissors and a bag of Spiller's
Showing Chaf and I mince it up in small pieces.

I mix three feeds (Extruded Senior, Beet pulp based molasses feed and
steamed rolled oats) and add beet pulp, Flax and the Showing Chaf. I even
put carrot peels in his food. My husband thinks I am nutty, but when he
trots up to eat it is worth it.

Sunday we had a Hurricane, so during the rain delay I went out to check on
him. I saw him pee blood. Allot from start to finish..... My vet came strait
over cleaned his sheath and removed a shooting marble size pea from is
tract. He drew blood to check him out...

I will let you know what the out come was. But my vet said "If he is
trotting up like that every time you call him...." Well he looks great....

"I love these old guys"

Laurie proud keeper of the great R-R Rafsha!!!!