Saddle Fit Update

I called the place I bought the saddle and got the phone # for Wintec (US).
They had me FAX a wither(back) tracing. They said the horse measures med wide
to wide, preferably wide. I was using extra wide. We will try again.

Another problem I may be having is the saddle moving forward. The horse is
not downhill or mutton withered, but he does have very well sprung ribs. I
also own his sire. The wither tracings are identical but on his sire saddles
always slid back with no breastplate.  Sire - shoulders blend into back, more
"slab sided"    Son - flared shoulders (dip behind shoulders) and round
barrel      Off to borrow a crupper.

The saddle pad is not the best, Woolback and Cloud Nine have been suggested.

Well, Sunday is our usual long ride, the horse's back and my wallet are
hoping for the best.

                                                   Shelly