Castle Rock Ride

Dear Barbara;
I just can't stop thinking about your post regarding cancelling the Castle Rock 50 ride.  I loved that ride, and every year I tried to get there to ride it, even when I lived as far as 9 hours away.  The camping was awesome, the ride always well run, wonderful food, incredible trail.  I did get to ride it quite a few times, each time being a challenge, but no matter what, planning next year even before that year's ride was done.  Last year I was not able to ride, but instead came and volunteered to help, and managed to get in the way of a colicky horse that took out my MCL in my left knee...took me out the rest of the season pretty much.  But this year I was back, had a great ride...up until the unseasonable heat and rare high humidity caused my horse undue stress and I pulled at 47 miles...vowing to be back next year.  Now there is no next year...I feel regret not having done that last three miles, even tho I know I made the best decision for my horse at the time.
Castle Rock 50 was the first ride I went to as an observer, probably back in 1979.  I remember being awe inspired at the scene of tremendously athletic, gorgeous arabians, each one more incredible than the next, all tied to trailers in a huge meadow, dotted with poppies, surrounded by a stream banked by redwood trees.  I vowed that I would ride that ride the following year, and work really hard to have an athlete like one of those...I was hooked right then and there. I will never forget that day.
So, though I am sad that you no longer will be putting on the Castle Rock 50,  I would like to request that in conjunction with the Swanton 100 that you stage a fifty as well, for the folks like me who will miss this fabulous ride.
Katee Owens