Baytril

guest rahesi@alltel .net
As an industry insider(I sell the vets the drugs) yes it is
very expensive. I cannot tell you the true cost but average mark
-up is 1.5. Now if you need it there is baytril 100 which is an
injectible. This prod is much cheaper HOWEVER, it is cattle label
only. Many equine Drs' are going to it and the label for it is dueout soon from Bayer. What many I feel are up against is that the Universities are recomending pills to the Drs'who refered you to the university. I am not sure why they don't tell drs' about the inj.,unless it is because of the label. Many drs' like this prod.You have to ask univ., to make recomendation to your dr before you leave there so dr does not have to chase down attending physician. I have seen this numerous times. Your equine dr wants to work with you and this expense is not in their favor either.Other cheaper products are Dicural 136mg from Ft. Dodge (same family of drug) very under used 1/3 cheaper 1x daily dosing., ButI wonder if universities are aware of it as I have had no requests for it. (processes through liver) so cycles 2x in bodybefore elimination. I don't know if it has side effects but very safe in dogs.I hope this helps, knowledge is power here and informing your self of all available choices can litteraly make or break your treatment. Ask lots of QUESTIONS. Drs' want the horse to get well its is expensive for everyone sometimes.