Conditioning Question

Colleen McGraw pfarber-cmcgraw@ic.net
Can I take an 8 year old 1/2 Arab gelding who has probably
just been standing around most of his life (I just bought
him) on a horse camping trip and ride him 25 miles a day
for 5 days?  This is recreational riding--not competitive.
Is this way too much work for an animal who hasn't had weeks
of slow build-up?  It takes us about 6 hours to do the 25
miles.
Thanks, Colleen