Acorns!

I tried to send this yesterday but I believed it got lost somewhere. Anyway,
my newest horse eats everything!  Now it's acorns, Red Oak. I've read that
they can be toxic if eaten in quantity. I've oak trees all over my place in
every paddock.Even my small "mud" corral has overhanging oaks. They provide
wonderful shade.  No, the trees aren't coming down.  I can limit her acorn
access by putting up temporary electric cross fences and hope that the
squirrels  get busy on the nuts. Seems to take a couple of months for them
to finish falling though. Does anyone have more knowledge/experience with
this? Anyone else have acorn eaters that have survived O.K? Dang blasted,
nitwitted bang tail!!!

Bonnie Snodgrass