Buying Olympians?

Managed to catch the Olympic opening ceremonies while visiting
family....and in marched a few men from Qatar, none appearing to be
athletes. The commentators had been giving little anecdotes about each
country and for Qatar the story of their Olympic team was that they had
BOUGHT some weightlifters from another country for $1,000,000!  I could
imagine a lawyer from California calling some little Romanian woman
offering her $1,000,000 for her son: "Gee, I don't know, I think we've
got that much in him in food and leotards" >g< I couldn't believe these
people! What do they possibly get from this?  Why don't they just call
Jesse Owen's family and offer them more than they can refuse for Jesse's
medals...then Mark Spitz, and maybe Carl Lewis...they could just spend
some cash, and drape all those medals around their own necks and march
around wondering why the victory was hollow.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.