African Horse Sickness on the Iberian Peninsula

tom sites goearth@shentel.net
Hello,  with a limited amount of research i found that USDA declared Spain free of African Horse Sickness in 1995.  I've sent a few emails to folk that showed up on the search.  Knowing that Becky Harts' Rio had some problems when she went to Spain i called and found out that she contacted Piroplasmosis in France while in quarantine from Spain. A very dangerous and expensive process to overcome. Our Vets as well as the OC i hope are aware of all these things.  tomsites