WEC Team Riding

Wendy Merendini merendiniws@navair.navy.mil
Teddy wrote:
A good part of team strategy is good leadership and good statistics, i.e.,knowing
just where the other teams are in relation to your team and adjusting your riding
accordingly.  THAT's what we were lacking in France, and,IMO, has ALWAYS been
lacking....

This is so very true!  At the 1998 WEC in Dubai I did not
know what place I was in all day!
I was not even certain that I was in the top ten when I
crossed the finishline!  It is
a very frustrating to ride "blind" in a race of this
significance.  I never knew where my teammates were and
did not have a clue as to how they were doing.  The USA is
going to have to get much smarter in how to coach team
riders if we are going to be consistently successful in
team competitions.

Wendy Merendini