Re: RC: Re: Re: Training ride today

In a message dated 9/13/00 7:49:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
goneriding@snet.net writes:

<< > Lets put you on one of these well-trained horses, in back of 50 horses
 > taking off at a trot and canter-can you control that horse every time?
 If I can't, I will use a running martingale if I have to, but if I can't
 I will also go back to the basics with the horse when I get home so I
 can get rid of the blasted thing. >>

In almost 3 decades of endurance, on multiple horses, I've only had ONE horse
on which I had to use a martingale, and only briefly.  (And that wasn't
because he would run away--it was because he would get mad and pop his head
up in your face--so it only came into play when he did that specific thing.
Didn't take long for him to figure out that that wasn't a smart move.)  I'm
not Abby, but yes, I could control EVERY horse, EVERY time.  And if a horse
ISN'T able to be controled, IMO, he is not yet ready to be there.

Heidi