Re: RC Three important questions to think about

> Also I know someone who did a ride, over ran their
> horse and when the
> horse hadn't eaten for 2 days called in a vet that
> did nothing but said
> watch the horse, 2nd vet ran tests right away and
> diagnosed kidney
> failure and the horse almost died.  The 2nd vet
> barely caught in time.

Hey, I heard about a very experienced and popular vet
from the Pacific side asking riders at a pre-ride
meeting three important questions to think about.  The
answers were given at the Saturday night awards
banquet.  The questions were:

1.  What do you do when/or if you get your horse out
of his trailer at a ride and you see hard feces coated
with mucus?
2.  When/or if your overtired gelding collapses and
falls off the trail, do you treat him with bute or
Banamine without a vets opinion?
3.  When help gets to your injured, fallen off the
side of the trail horse, do you tell him that you have
given any medications?

Think about it.  Important stuff to know.  Shall we
discuss it?

=====
She

"Dance like noone's watching."