trailers

I am having wicked trouble with my trailer brakes, the truck
shudders so violently that I cannot stop.  The trailer has been
checked over, nothing.  Found that I had over-heated all four disc
brakes (2000 Silverado 3/4 ton) and had them replaced.  Dealer
was certain that this was the problem but, on the way home from
the dealer the truck did it again!  We have weighed the trailer,
within limits, checked the hitch, replaced the trailer brake box, put
air bags on the truck and it STILL does it.  What is really strange is
that my old 1993 GMC had no problems and this one did not until
10,000 miles.  Anyone out there experience this?  Is there a way to
measure the tongue weight of the goose on the bed of the truck?
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.net
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall