Re: Nipping horse (long answer)

Penny---no flaming from me--you're right---and actually--YELLING and body
posture are as convincing to the horse that he is "going to die" as anything
else---and can be put into action in those three seconds more easily than
anything else.
   A very young filly, who had not had her legs handled, bit me on the head
as I went to touch her legs---I, as you say, "came unglued" (perhaps for six
seconds, sigh) and her eyes widened and she KNEW she had done wrong.   Then
we went right back to touching her leg and she never offered to do anything
more (but kept her eye on me "just in case").
   Claudia