Re: RC: Re: Re: Chiropractors

    Ok. I've been reading all these posts and would like to tell my
experience.
My mare out of the blue, started to dance when I'd saddle her. I thought
since I was riding a lot, her body was changing and I'd better get a new
saddle. Well, I went through 3 of them and nothing changed. She was so sore!
I called a horse chiropractor friend of mine and she went over her pretty
good. Yes, she was sore and so was her neck, her chest, her back. I let it go
for a couple weeks and then took her to a local vet who did acupuncture and
chiropractic work on her as a last resort. (She was pain free for a week and
a half because of the acupuncture.) And guess what he sold to me? L-lysine.
Well, after about 3 weeks of this, she was better. Had her go back about 4
weeks later, and she was 98% better. A little more L-lysine and she was back
to normal. The diagnosis? Herpes.
Apparently the herpes is out there and she had it and was cured. What else
could it have been? She's never had a recurrence. A symptom of herpes is
soreness on the left side of the body (you could punch her right buttock with
no soreness, but her left? Forget it!) and the little bumps under the lip. I
don't know. At least she's not sore anymore. Thank you for listening. Deb