RE: Re: RE: Chiropractors

Well, my chiropractor can tell where I'm out of alignment as I walk
into the door, just by the way I'm holding myself.  I rarely have
to tell her "where it hurts", she knows exactly where the problem is,
in fact it's usually not where *I* think it is.

When my horse is out of alignment, it is obvious to a layperson's eye.
He doesn't need to talk.  If I take him out of work as I did last
winter it gets worse, not better, just like if I don't do my excercises
my back goes "out".  Especially when I am dealing with a upward fixation
of the patella, I need to keep him in work, otherwise his whole body
goes crooked.  I can feel it as he moves under saddle and I can see
a marked assymettry from the ground.  I am not "reading his mind."

I do not know how your physiotherapist differs in training from
our physical therapists, but I can tell you the physical therapists
I have worked with at the Stanford Sports Therapy Center had NO
MERCY for my personal pain threshold.  The physical therapy
was more painfull than the ACL injury itself!

I also had my horse treated by a lay chiropractor/farrier.  I was
quite concerned because his body was in quite a spasm afterwards,
but it was a MAJOR adjustment.  I have to admit, though, it made
a world of difference, he was able to take up the other lead which
he never was able to before once the spasm subsided.

I think there are same differences in health care providers between
South Africa and California for both humans and equines!

K.