Re: RC: strange telephone call

In a message dated 9/11/00 7:24:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time, joym@visi.net
writes:

<< I had the most strange telephone call tonight. A man called and introduced
himself.   He asked if I owned Orion.  I said yes and he asked if I wanted to
sell him,that he was looking for good endurance horses.  I told him no that I
was not interested and he said "Really?, at any price?"  I said not at any
price. And he again questioned my answer. He said why? and I told him that he
just wasn't for sale.  He asked how old he was and I told him 18 and he
chuckled and said that he WAS a bit old to sell.  That wasn't the point but
to him it said it all.
   He called from the 302 area code and I think that is New York or New
Jersey, but I was amazed with the call.  I have never had a stranger call my
home and ask something like that.  Then he asked me if I knew any one that
wanted to sell their endurance horses, or if I had any others I'd sell. I
said no to both.
 Anyway consider this a heads up, I have no idea how he got my number but
assume he was calling people that are currently in the Endurance News
regional standings.

 Joy in Virginia >>

You probably just got a call from an Arab's representative. That's the wsay
it happens.

ti