Re: RC: strange telephone call

Jennifer Layman wrote:

> This brings up something that has bothered me a bit. AERC sent out a
> directory of all its members to all its members (who else?).  I was
> never asked for permission to have my phone and address published and
> distributed.  I'm not so bothered that is as I am that I wasn't asked
> if it was okay.  Did anyone else find that curious?
>
> Jennifer
> P.S.  A friend of mine received a similar call recently.
>
> --- Joy H Mahler <joym@visi.net> wrote:
> > I had the most strange telephone call tonight. A man called and
> > introduced himself.   He asked if I owned Orion.  I said yes and he
> > asked if I wanted to sell him,that he was looking for good
> > endurance horses.  I told him no that I was not interested and he
> > said "Really?, at any price?"  I said not at any price. And he
> > again questioned my answer. He said why? and I told him that he
> > just wasn't for sale.  He asked how old he was and I told him 18
> > and he chuckled and said that he WAS a bit old to sell.  That
> > wasn't the point but to him it said it all.
> >   He called from the 302 area code and I think that is New York or
> > New Jersey, but I was amazed with the call.  I have never had a
> > stranger call my home and ask something like that.  Then he asked
> > me if I knew any one that wanted to sell their endurance horses, or
> > if I had any others I'd sell. I said no to both.
> > Anyway consider this a heads up, I have no idea how he got my
> > number but assume he was calling people that are currently in the
> > Endurance News regional standings.
> >
> > Joy in Virginia

> http://mail.yahoo.com/

Hey, refer them to me!!!  I have some nice endurance prospects for
sale!!!!

--
Teddy Lancaster

American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422
- Member since 1974
6000+ career miles

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our 20th
Anniversary!!!!
Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/
Webmaster for USA East website: http://usa-east.org/
Moderator for the USA EAST mailing list:
                            http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/USAEAST
1-800-533-2327, FAX: 740-533-0337
Home of Khalarado+/ 1990 IAHA National Endurance Champion
- (1982 Chestnut CMK Stallion)
Supplying the WORLD with quality endurance equipment since 1980