Re: Re: Training ride today

> My guess on this situation would be that the horse's muscles aren't quite
> strong enough yet to keep him rounded and his back lifted for that long of
> a distance.

Well, I know I'm not supposed to say "me too", Angie, but maybe I can say
this:

I was brewing up a post to this effect, but (as usual) Sue has done an
admirable job of saying it first.  I don't want to start a "running
martingale" thread again, but I will echo Sue by saying that a martingale is
not a repair, it's a patch.  Teach the horse well, and SLOWLY, and you won't
need a martingale.

-Abby B