2pt,mentors, etc.

Hi all!  I want to thank all of you for your information and for
taking time to respond to a newbie! :o)    I tried not doing 2pt on
Ranger on hills last night and first just leaning forward and then the
"froggie-style" (teehee) that was suggested.  He moved most freely
with the frog thing.  I will continue to try it different ways and see
what consistently works for him.  We have lots of hills so lots of
practice there.  On getting another mentor...I'll have to get a
rulebook and sort the good from the bad of her advice as it is the
only boarding facility that has access to trails anywhere near my
house.  On riding alone...yes...I do like riding alone and plan to do
more of it.  It is sort of considered rude at this barn to not call
and invite the other women along, so in keeping peace, I don't always
get out by myself.  ;o)  Silly question here....how do you all know
how many miles and what speed you are doing?  I haven't a clue as to
how to figure this out.
Shannon
"If the grass is always greener on the other
side of the fence.....try watering your yard!"