AERC Directors-at-Large

The following letter has been sent to the AERC Office. I will be following
it up in the next month with periodic messages concerning subjects of
interest to AERC members.

NOMINATION FOR DIRECTOR

NORTHWEST REGION

AERC

This letter is to nominate Robert J. Morris for Director-at-Large of the
American Endurance Ride Conference. A brief statement of position follows:

Robert Morris has been a member of the AERC for more than twenty years.
During that time he has served on several committees including the Rules,
Safety, Education and Technical committees. He also served a term as a
Director.

He has experience in all aspects of AERC competition from the local level up
to and including International (FEI rides) both in the US and Overseas.

If elected, it would be his intent to continue with his work on the several
committees, in particular those concerning Rules and Education. In addition
he would represent the interests of all the riders from all regions in all
aspects of AERC operations.

Position on current topics; The Rules and Regulations of the AERC are more
than adequate but must be complied with by all parties. More stringent
enforcement of the current rules is better than additional unenforceable
ones.

Education about endurance riding should be enhanced by encouraging
“training seminars” held at the regional and local levels. The AERC should
make available materials, such as rulebooks, ride managers manuals and the
vet manuals, for the use in such seminars.

I have been a “trails advocate” for many years and am politically active on
the local and national level. It is my firm belief that we must, as an
organization and as individuals, become much more active.

Robert J. Morris

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID