back in the saddle (was bit the dust)

Well, I had a great "horse" day.

I did some round pen work with Passion this morning to assess her attitude.  She made a great attitude improvement in the half hour we were in there; showed no irritation at the dogs; dragged a long rope and really settled down.

In the afternoon my son wanted to ride and go to a movie.  So......in true Lake County style, we took the horses to the movies to be able to accomodate this timewise.  Sure nice to live in a place with big parking lots. Our two riding horses; and the yearling stood patiently and munched from haybags in the stock trailer while we saw a movie; then I hauled out to the trail-
head.  Had a very nice hour ride; I rode old dependable Ashley and Connor the pinto, the yearling ran loose.

Back at home, I saddled Passion; did 5 minutes round-pen work, then called my husband.  He held her while I climbed on via a plastic chair.  We walked both ways; stoppped and backed and turned circles both directions.  She was an angel. He had to hold stirrup while I clambered down (remember my sore back).
But I feel good I got back on, and she was great.......

Still........off to doctor tomorrow.

Karen (not down for long!)