Re: RC: [Fwd: Training ride today]

Hello Colleen, and everyone else too that answered me privately. To answer your
question about the reins, not too tight but not too long either until I got him
back to a trot and really loosened up because I was sure he could not see where
he was going like that. I generally ride half seat at the canter too. The saddle
does fit I had it checked out  I am using a ported Kimberwick bit.  Started out
with a snaffle though but I needed more "breaks".  I'll try the martingale a
standing one I presume as until now I have never needed one.

Colleen Kirkpatrick wrote:

> My horse has the same problem for years. I tried a tie down but he got worse
> with it so then I switched to a martingale works great for me.
> Ride him again and see how he does. Do you like to have a thight rein on
> him? What kind or bit are you using?  With my horse if the reins are to
> thight then he feels like he is being held back so he will throw his head
> for miles. I finally had to switch bits on him to that helped allot.  Good
> Luck
> Colleen K. & Polaris ( I'm 14 and I still like to throw my head!)
>
> >From: Don Pollock <donp@dcr.net>
> >To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> >Subject: RC:  [Fwd: Training ride today]
> >Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:43:24 -0400
> >
> ><< message3.txt >>
> ><< donp.vcf >>

> http://profiles.msn.com.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
note:JR- OOH DADDY,  boy them hills are tuff but I love 'um.
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don & Linda Pollock & JR n Bay Star
end:vcard