Re: RC: A tragic story-(sorry it's so long)

guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Having read the whole thread about the wreck, the way I understand it, it
was late afternoon or early evening, but certainly not dark when this
happened. At any rate, this DRUNK driver was not on the roadway when he hit
them, they had gotten AWAY from the road to stay out of his way. Being drunk,
he seems to have swerved & hit them, then rebounded to the other side & got
the 2nd horse & rider. If anybody didn't belong out there, it was this jerk,
who had no concern for his own, or anybody else's, safety, or even their very
lives. He could just as easily have swerved into someone's yard & killed
their children.

 Jenny >>

That's not what I read. There were ditches on both sides of the road--50 feet
away from the riders when they were hit, as I remember. It will be
interesting to hear your side of the story when you're the driver, sober or
not.

ti