Re: FEEDING BEER TO HORSES

2.  Does this work?  The beer, not the oats.  And if so, why?  And are there any detrimental side-effects (apart from obvious ones, like alcoholism, drunkenness and gas) which I can gleefully point out to moron next time I meet her (evil twin in control again!)

Well, alcohol metabolizes to fat, so it's a source of calories, though not a lot, assuming the horse isn't getting a case of it every day. :-)) Detrimental side-effects, doubt it, not in that amount.  Why it works---my guess would be that horses like the taste and it stimulates an appetitie to eat more of other things that *will* add significant calories.

susan g