Fwd: AERC ID Numbers

Here's more.  Now don't you feel guilty for being so lazy.  Get those entries
filled out and save these nice people so much hassle.......mb

---- Begin included message ----
Hi Maryben,
In answer to your question about the importance of using AERC ID numbers for rider and horse, yup, it's very important to us when entering ride results.  It assures accuracy and speeds up the data entry time by a whole bunch.  When numbers are not used an asterick is placed by that riders name indicating a possible error and is published in the EN ride results. This can result in many phone calls to both the AERC office and ride managers from riders concerned with errors on their records.  When we receive a call correcting ride results (such as adding ID numbers for horse and/or rider) we must unpost the ride, make the correction, post the ride, make a copy of the correct ride results for the yearbook, and another copy to keep with the results.  While we can look up people by name to see if they are members, there are many variables that make this practice at times unreliable at best.  Same goes for the horses.  People often use nicknames for themselves and horse making it more difficult to find in our system, thus increasing the chance of additional errors in ride result entries.  When ID numbers are not used, and we cannot locate that rider in the system for whatever reason, they and their horse may not receive the miles and points they have earned.  So while I know that trying to get the correct information from ride entrants can be frustrating, it is worth the effort for everyone involved in the process.  Additionally, sometimes riders who cannot be located in the system but are actually paid up members will be unnecessarily billed for the day-member fee if not collected by the ride manager.  As always, if a member needs to know their AERC ID numbers for horse and rider they can call the office and we will gladly provide that information. I hope my "2-cents worth" helps.
Thanks,
Judy
---- End included message ----