Re: RC: Washy Horse

At 03:26 PM 09/08/2000 -0400, Tivers@aol.com wrote:

>Actually, a rapidly dropping glucose will cause the effect, no matter what
>the absolute blood level. But at 70 or below you begin entering the realm
>where washiness, sweats, shaking, reduced mental and muscular performance,
>can begin to occur.

Thanks, Tom.

How rapid is rapid?  Over the course of say 20 miles, or are you talking
minutes?

Looks like a lot endurance horses are probably entering that realm of
shockiness.

I've had glucose levels all over the place.  The on-site results are a lot
more accurate....tho we've still bounced around.  It's really neat to see,
compare to the enzymes and electrolyte and hydration levels, etc.

It all makes sense.