scratches

For those of you who fight scratches, there is another remedy.  Buy otomax (medicine for dog ears)from your vet.  Scrub your horses' pasterns with an antibacterial soap.  Rinse and then dry.  Put a couple of drops of otomax on your finger and rub it into the scratches.  When my horse's scratches are bad, I do this twice a day for about 2 - 3 days.  On the 3rd to 4th day, the scratches are gone!  Be diligent and check on those pasterns everyday so you can stay on top of the scratches.  Good luck.  Jeanie in MI