Re: RC: Is my mentor an idiot? :o)

horseplay@ratedg.com writes:

<<  I have always thought that
 you were supposed to lean as much as necessary forward or back to stay
 vertical when going up and down hills >>

I think there was some type of "flame war" going on about a thread like this
when I first got on Ridecamp, but... I ride downhill in a 2 point position,
kind of. My butt just barely out of the saddle and the shock being taken up
by my knees and ankles.
I 2 pt up hill but never on the flat unless we're galloping. If I had a
gaited horse I would sit on the flat. I haven't had one yet, but my new a-rab
trots so smooth its easier to sit than post, so I sit and just kinda go with
the flow.

                                Shelly