first ride

Just got back from my first ride in over five weeks...up into the burned up forests we went...my little two tracks are now giant roads....with bulldozed areas the size of foot ball fields every now and again...those are what they call "safety zones"...places constructed for the safety of the fire fighters and all the machinery...it was sad...the burned up trees weren't as bad has the damage done by the giant machines...BUT...had to be done and in ten years most won't even know there were dozers in there...they will be going back in there soon and doing a bunch of reclamation...ran into a bear...three times!  Must have been the same bear...kept things really exciting! My mare thought the new roads were scary...the burned up trees REALLY scary--but the bear won the prize(where are you John Lyons???) I forgot to put on my super jog-a-bra so couldn't go very fast :o}....Which was good because if we'd been hauling when the bear jumped up...I wouldn't have managed to stay on...and I kind of don't think my horse would have hung around to protect me...Life is back to normal---What ever that is!!!!!!!!!