Re: RC: Re: Conditioning for 100 milers

Dear Tom,
At 12:19 PM 9/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>However, never say never. There is the Law of Specificity to contend with.
>And there is the human conditioning model to learn from. The fact that many
>are crippling horses with 30 mile conditioning rides doesn't mean that 100
>miles is impossible. Just means that such exercises require far more,
>intelligent,  preparation.
>
>If I could speak the language, and could get the truth, I'd be asking those
>French trainers precisely what they are doing. Anybody know? And why not?
>
>ti

I never did say never, but we are on the same page....Alleluiah!
I can read, even speak a little french if any one has info that needs
translating! Would be curious to know too-also how old are the horses and
how long in training (the old "flash in the pan" concern rearing it's
ugly head).

From your description of your schedule, sounds like you share insomnia with
poor Tracey!
More power to you!

Sarah (who needs her 8 hrs except when doing the OD!)
and Fling (who likes  to sleep to!)