Re: RC: This Sport as a Sport

This is probably the most wonderfully intelligent post I have ever read on
Ridecamp.  You researched the definition of the word "sport" to clarify it
for us all, and your viewpoint on the sport of endurance riding is one which
I'm sure the majority of us share.  As far as I'm concerned, there need be no
further discussion on the subject.  This post says it all.  I have no
objections to some wanting to place first on a ride..it's a worthy goal, but
for many, the satisfaction with, and success of their ride on a given day may
depend on many other factors.   I'm proud to see a friend finish first, and
I'm proud to finish last on a horse just being introduced to the sport, one
who shows a good attitude and has completed in excellent condition.
Viva la difference!
And thank you, Kat!!!  Many times over.

Barbara