Re: RC: Re: Re: crops and stuff...

In a message dated 9/7/00 4:43:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tracey@tbt.co.za
writes:

<< >San, I'm glad your horses are perfect.  I can't afford a $30,000 perfect
 horse.  I'll stick with the under $2000 not-so-perfect horses and train them
 as I go.  If you're training your own perfect horses and come to Central
 Texas, I'll pay $200 for a day's lesson as I do whenever someone comes to
 town with a new way to do things on horseback.>

 Tara, I can't even afford a $2000,00 horse.  Most of our TBs off the track
 come to us for free, and Toc came to me for free because he is difficult.
 I've worked hard with him, and I've come so far.  It really irritates me to
 be told that it's "not enough" because he "kicks" and "is dangerous".  He's
 never hurt anyone because, like you, I ride defensively.  I've watched some
 nutty Hanoverian stallions at shows behave a lot worse, and their price tags
 were quite impressive, too, let me tell you, but the riders were in perfect
 control and so nobody minded.  The only times I have seen people complain is
 when they were not in control of their own horse.  Instead of saying "I'm
 sorry, I can't control my horse and there is a possibility I may collide
 with yours, so would you mind...", they bluster and complain when their
 horse gets deservedly kicked.  I would happily have left the arena had they
 simply approached me, but no, once again their egos get the better of them.
 Vent!  Vent!!! >>

Tracey, you're a pretty bright kid. Pleasure to have you with us.

ti