Re: AERC & International & FEI

In a message dated 09/06/2000 8:23:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

<< Albeit the FEI is
 the controlling body for Europe but who granted them the license for the
 WORLD? Or is it by default because the UAE has placed the money on them
 rather than the rest of the world? >>

I can't answer your question, Bob, but I do know that FEI is the controlling
body for all international equestrian events, and has been so since long
before the UAE became involved in endurance.  You would have to ask someone
who knows more about the hows and whys of this than I do.  I think that all
national equestrian organizations recognize FEI and it would immpossible to
change anything now.  We'll just have to figure how to deal with the
differences of opinion in a graceful manner, all the while allowing our
happy-to-be-average riders and ride managers to go on with AERC's format,
without the additional requirements of FEI.

Barbara