RC: RE: AERC & International & FEI

I completly second the opinion of Steph. I don't really understand the point of this debate. OK I don't have very much experience of riding in the US (only the Tevis, the Outlaw Trail and another 50miles in Montana), but I don't see very much differences compared to our FEI sanctioned rides.

I don't think I did study either the trail or any details more that any competitors willing to achieve a good performance. If you think that your horse is 'ready', then he deserves a good preparation for such an event and there is nothing 'too much' that you can do. Take the french; they had team week-ends, team inspections several times with private rides for determining the selection, a test ride of 100 Kms one month before the ride in Compiegne on the circuit and every long listed rider was followed by Pierre Cazes. They got the results, but only at individual level!!! Nothing at team level.

Please don't compare normal/regular FEI rides with World Championships; at normal FEI rides, there are no parade, only small award ceremony (most of them without the horses) and most of the vets are national vets ; regulation concerning the stabling of the horses are strict, that's true... and it costs money to the organizer to eventually rent temporary stables.

I can't give an opinion about an eventual bad coaching of the US team but I can tell you that the belgian coaching would receive the gold medal if there was a competition for the worst coached teams!!!

Leonard, Belgium