Re: Conditioning for 100 milers

>Sarah Ralston wrote:
>
>>         In some of the recent threads it was suggested
>> that one ought to train a horse longer distances than
>> you expect to compete, >>>

I don't believe that is what I said :  I said that, with careful training,
you should, before entering a competition of any kind, endeavour to ensure
that your horse is fit enough to do MORE than what you are asking of him.
If he is only fit enough to finish, say 100 miles, your horse will get into
trouble if you experience unforseen problems on the day of the race.

Tracey