Re: AERC & International & FEI

Thank God Teddy

Well done for piping up.

I'm a Brit and I don't contribute to Ridecamp very often but if endurance
wants to take it's place in the Olympics it has to go with the FEI, sorry
folks. Isn't it annoying that we are all going to see synchronised swimming
again which ok is probably pretty tough to do but why still no endurance in
the Olympics?

I'm probably what you could call an intermediate endurance rider. This
weekend me and my wonderful Appaloosa successfully completed our first 50
ER. I've never competed internationally probably never will. Here in the UK
there were exactly 5 endurance rides run under FEI rules this year. I can
safely confirm that these rides did not affect me, my horses or any of my
friends riding both Endurance or competitive trail rides generally. But it's
there if you compete internationally. We still have our national
championships and our novice classes and our multi-days etc. etc. run under
the rules of the two societies (we're trying to merge those - don't ask it's
another food fight) and nothing to do with the FEI.

Sorry Bob you feel so angry that the FEI is based in Europe, but cheer up
you have the United Nations based in the U.S. In terms of global control the
United Nations probably packs a bigger punch.

Oooo I'm gonna get flamed big time now, but I think some of this worry is a
bit unfounded.

Get involved you lovely American people. We need your intelligence, your
open-ness and your expertise. Help make it a world class sport.

bye

Annette

PS Teddy we did our first ER in one of your wonderful biothane bridles, Spot
wore it not me.